Worldwide

Madras HC quashes government's order that reserves seats for state board students

Madras HC quashes government's order that reserves seats for state board students”

The B Arch rank order will be published on August 10 and counselling will commence on August 19."The state government has chose to make the engineering admission counselling process online from the 2018-19 academic year to avoid having vacant seats in good colleges and to increase the enrollment of students".

Chennai: The much-awaited counselling for admissions to engineering colleges in Tamil Nadu will commence at Anna University on July 17.

The HC had been told that out of 4.30 lakh students under the state board as many as 84,000 had appeared for NEET whereas as out of 4,000 students under the CBSE, a total of 2,000 had taken the entrance test. The MCI has stipulated that admissions to medical courses shall be based on the marks obtained in NEET and merit list prepared on basis of such marks and it does not distinguish between students from CBSE and State Board. "We will surrender 15 percent for all-India quota and the rest 85 percent seats will be reserved for state board students", Health Minister Vijaya Bhaskar had said in the state assembly ahead of the government passing the order. The selection committee, which is expected to release the rank list on Friday, will now be able to admit student exclusively based on merit in NEET scores.

Opposing the plea the Advocate General of Tamil Nadu submitted that the State government is still opposing NEET.



Like this

loading...
loading...

Latest


27 March 2018
The Growth of Online Gaming and Betting Companies
Even though brick and mortar casinos make offers to gamblers, they do not come anywhere close to what is offered on the wide web. Alternatively, they can be used to learn about the game and the features it comes with as well as the strategies that work best.

14 July 2017
Xcel Energy Inc. (NYSE:XEL) Stake Held by Livforsakringsbolaget Skandia Omsesidigt
Orinda Asset Management Llc increased Ladder Cap Corp (NYSE:LADR) stake by 109,321 shares to 206,559 valued at $2.83M in 2016Q4. BidaskClub cut shares of Xcel Energy from a "buy" rating to a "hold" rating in a research note on Thursday, July 6th.

14 July 2017
Daimler Allegedly Sold Over 1 Million Cars With Excess Emission
The motors were built into more than one million cars and vans by Daimler, including C, E and R class Mercedes. Shares of Daimler AG (ETR: DAI ) traded up 0.26% during mid-day trading on Tuesday, hitting €64.40.

14 July 2017
Verizon Communications' (NYSE:VZ) "Hold" Rating Reaffirmed at Jefferies Group LLC
The cell phone carrier posted $0.95 Earnings per share for the period, falling below Zacks' average forecast of $0.98 by $0.03. Following the transaction, the executive vice president now directly owns 8,429 shares in the company, valued at $379,305.

14 July 2017
Empire State Realty Trust Inc
The stock of Empire State Realty Trust Inc (NYSE:ESRT) has "Buy" rating given on Wednesday, May 31 by BMO Capital Markets. Heitman Real Estate Securities Llc acquired 65,086 shares as Empire State Realty Trust Inc (ESRT)'s stock declined 1.47%.

14 July 2017
Senate GOP Rolls Out BCRA Revision
Governors also would be able to include those who receive coverage under the Medicaid expansion in their block grant applications. Those funds could be used to subsidize premiums for people with health problems.

14 July 2017
Bright Horizons Family Solutions Inc. (BFAM) Downgraded by BidaskClub to Buy
Roosevelt Investment Group Inc decreased Bright Horizons Family Solutions I (BFAM) stake by 31.68% reported in 2016Q4 SEC filing. Four equities research analysts have rated the stock with a hold rating and five have given a buy rating to the company's stock.

14 July 2017
Venus Williams, The Ageless Wonder, Advances To Her Ninth Wimbledon Final
With Serena absent as she awaits the birth of her first child, Venus will bid to deliver the family's 13th Wimbledon crown. She will get a second chance at the title on Saturday against either five-time champion Venus Williams or Johanna Konta .

14 July 2017
Medidata Solutions, Inc. (NASDAQ:MDSO) Lifted to "Buy" at BidaskClub
Moreover, Principal Gp Inc Inc has 0.02% invested in Nasdaq Inc (NASDAQ:NDAQ). 11,379 were accumulated by Hightower Advisors. Three equities research analysts have rated the stock with a hold rating and eleven have given a buy rating to the company.

14 July 2017
Havaianas Sold For $1.1 Billion
Founded by Scotsman Robert Fraser in 1962, Havaianas' popularity soared in the 1990s when well-off Brazilians began wearing them. The scandal has reached the top of Brazilian politics with President Michel Temer among those accused of corruption .