Sci-tech

Google launches latest Android Wear beta for LG Watch Sport

Google launches latest Android Wear beta for LG Watch Sport”

The beta update of Android Wear for the LG Watch Sport is available through the usual beta channel.

For some context, the beta program is extremely limited - unless you have the LG Watch Sport, the most you can do is hope that the beta program supports your watch. Well, even after more than a year from its release, Android Nougat should have been running on much more devices than just 17.8%.

There's no doubt that Google is playing with good cards by launching a beta program to Android versions. The update is a technical update for API 26 (equivalent to Android 8.0 but not called Oreo in the blog interestingly) and brings enhancements to background limits and notification channels. Per Google's Platform Versions page, the latest and greatest version of the company's mobile operating system took more than a month to hit a whopping 0.2 percent adoption.

These numbers detail which versions of Android were used to access the Google Play Store during the 7-day period ending on October 2. This means devices running older versions are not included, nor are devices that don't have Google Play installed (such as many Android phones and tablets in China, Amazon's Fire line, and so on). Google doesn't show any version with less than 0.1 percent distribution in the chart.

Having said that, Android Marshmallow still retains the number 1 spot with its share of 32% which is a decrease of 0.2% from last month's total of 32.2%. The hierarchy ends with Android KitKat (14.5%), Android Jelly Bean (7.6%), Android Ice Cream Sandwich (0.6%) and Android Gingerbread (0.6%).



Like this

loading...
loading...

Latest


03 October 2017
Arrests after explosives found in Paris
French politicians are set to vote later on a new counter-terror law created to end the country's two-year state of emergency. Human rights groups and United Nations experts have claimed the proposed legislation gives too much power to the state.

03 October 2017
Liverpool legend says Daniel Sturridge is not the same player anymore
Sturridge was given a rare start as the Reds drew 1-1 against the Magpies, with the England global struggling to impress at St. He scored 24 goals in 96 appearances for the Blues before eventually moving to Liverpool in 2013.

03 October 2017
Uber's UK Head to Step Down Amid London Licensing Fight
The regulator decided not to renew Uber's London licence last month after it deemed the firm "unfit" to run a taxi service. Mr Khosrowshahi took over at Uber in August after predecessor Travis Kalanick resigned following a series of scandals.

03 October 2017
Sex and the City 3 has been shelved
Cattrall later denied the report on Twitter, clarifying that she never had any interest in a third film to begin with. She expressed her heartfelt thanks to all the fans that have followed her and her character throughout the years.

03 October 2017
SBI Life Insurance to list today
The IPO of SBI Life Insurance Company (SBI Life) opened for subscription on 20 September 2017 and closed on 22 September 2017. SBI Life said its promoters have offloaded up to 12 crore shares of face value of Rs 10 each through the offer of sale route.

03 October 2017
Ryanair refunds 98% of customers affected by cancellations
The airline also said its load factor - how many seats it fills on each flight - increased to 97% from 95% in September of previous year .

03 October 2017
War of words: Pakistan's foreign minister calls PM Modi a 'terrorist'
In an interview to Pakistan's Geo TV on Monday, Asif did what Islamabad does usually - that is, put the blame of terrorism on India.

03 October 2017
Mugabe in SA, leaves wife Grace behind
He also said that this meeting will give the two countries a platform to review the bilateral relations between the countries. The senior officials have met for the past two days in preparation of our meeting of today.

03 October 2017
Super Micro Computer (SMCI) Earning Somewhat Positive Press Coverage, Analysis Shows
Susquehanna upgraded it to "Positive" rating and $33 target in Wednesday, January 27 report. (NASDAQ:SMCI) for 27,730 shares. The stock of Super Micro Computer, Inc. (NASDAQ: SMCI ) has declined 1.14% since September 30, 2016 and is downtrending.

03 October 2017
Free Pick & Prediction for West Virginia vs. TCU
Rudolph, a senior, added 11 carries and 50 yards - including the game-winning 16-yard scamper against the Red Raiders. The junior is ranked second, averaging 45.2 yards per punt, and downed seven punts inside the 20-yard line.